Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Birthday Boy.

Today, April 25, is my husband's birthday. So this blog is in honor of him- my best friend and spiritual leader.

Michael Andrew Albritton, Junior, I'm so grateful/thankful/blessed/overjoyed to know you. Here is a list of some of the things I love about you...

*On a superficial note, I'm thankful you go by Andrew because it would be confusing calling you by the same name as my dad or brother. ;)
*You are wise beyond your years. And I'm thankful that the wisdom you possess is from above and not earthly wisdom.
*I am thankful that in the midst of such a trying and difficult year that you have remained faithful and devoted to our Savior, and me.
*Your persistence in finding the good in circumstances often frustrates my pouty attitude and reminds me of Romans 8:28...thank you for that.
*Your smile is infectious. And the best around. :D
*You are so smart, but not in an arrogant way. (For those who might be reading this blog that don't know how we met, it was in a Latin class, and I referred to him as "the little brainiac in the front row." {Note- he is younger than me, and was only in high school at the time. Weird, I know. But we didn't start communicating or dating until 4 years after this class...so it wasn't weird by then.} ;P)
*You are a loyal friend, who forgives easily.
*You are a nerd...and have no problem owning it. XD
*You are patient with me everyday, even at my worst.
*You bring out laughter in me when I would otherwise be crying.
*You remind me frequently to have "mercy over justice." Which you are so much better at than me.
*You love to study God's Word and discuss it with your dad and my dad.
*You are a movie lover, but not obsessed. And for as little as I like movies, I appreciate that balance.
*You are a night owl...like me.
*You are a loving son and respect your parents.
*You embraced my family as your own, and are a true friend to my brothers which is one of my proudest things to say about you.
*You became a Jayhawk fan for my sake, and along the way found yourself enjoying the games.
*You are humble, yet confident.
*You drive the coolest car around.
*You are a writer and an author of numerous pieces that have tremendous potential.
*You are a willing servant who rarely says "No" to a request for help, even if you don't know what you're doing. aka- Kingdom Cup Kids Soccer ;)
*You invest in people who might not be invested in otherwise.
*You are an avid reader which means there are always new topics to be discussed.
*You are a conversationalist, through and through. ;)
*You never care what you look like, but always look good.
*You vowed, "for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, til death do us part." and you have been completely faithful to that vow.
*You are genuine.
*You are funny.
*You are supportive.
*You have never given up on trusting God's plan, even though at times it has not been evident what that is.
*You don't love to celebrate, but you humor me, and let me make a big deal out of things.
*You are the real deal...there is nothing about you that has to be hidden.
*You are a dreamer.
*You are creative.
*You are a hard worker, and somebody is going to be lucky to have you on their team.
*You are well-educated, and on your way to becoming even more so.
*You remind me that circumstances that seem overwhelming will not last forever.

Thank you, Andrew, for being a husband I could go on and on writing good things about...you are all of these and many more.

I honored your request and did not plan a surprise party of any kind inspite of not having any family to celebrate with us this year...but it was difficult. Because I do love a good party! So you're welcome. :)

Happy birthday, Andrew! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful tribute to your husband, happy (belated) birthday to him! It sounds like he's blessed with a very godly wife too :)

    ReplyDelete